Aquariums, Fish Tanks & Fish Supplies
An aquarium or fish tank can not survive in a vacuum. Neither can the fish. For the fish to have a happy and healthy existence they are going to need a lot more than someone pouring a bucket of water into a tank.
The tank must be maintained properly and the key to this is purchasing the proper inventory of fish tank supplies.
Fish tanks supplies are not necessarily expensive nor are they add ons that the tank could do without. There are some items that are a major must have for the tank to function properly.
Common indispensable fish tank supplies include various types of filters, air pumps (internal or external), gravel, a fresh water testing kit, a heater, etc. Clearly non these mentioned items would ever be dismissed as unessential.
Regarding fish tank supplies, consider the following analogy: a fish tankís survival is similar to the survival of a start up business. Two of the main reasons a start of business fails is because of lack of capitalization and lack of understanding of the marketplace.
Lack of capitalization refers to the fact that there is not enough money available to keep the business afloat. Lack of understanding of the marketplace is a nice way to say the person running the business had to idea what they were doing.
How is this similar to fish tank supplies? Instead of under capitalization, the fish tank suffers from lack of fish tank supplies.
In terms of lack of understanding the marketplace the fish tank owner either did not know enough about maintaining pet fish that they didnít purchase enough fish tank supplies or they purchased the supplies but did not know how to utilize them properly. Both of these situations should be easily avoided if one takes the issue of supplies with the utmost seriousness.
There are some fish tank supplies that would help make the process of maintaining an aquarium more convenient and tolerable. These fish tank supplies should be considered as necessities for any fish keeper. Let's take a look at them.
* Methaline blue. Methaline blue is applied to the new supply of water to make the fishes hardier. Additionally, since it would give the water a bluish color (hence its name), your aquarium would look more pristine and fresh.
* Anti-chlorine. Tired of having to prepare fresh water at least 12 hours before replacing the old supply? Anti-chlorine quickens the process by eliminating harmful chlorine with a few drops per gallon of water. You'd only have to wait an hour before you could replace the old water with the new supply.
* Aquatic vacuum cleaner. You won't have to dig up the gravel to clean the particles. With an aquatic vacuum cleaner, you could just suck the dirt that has accumulated in the pebbles or the sand, without having to remove them from the fish tank.
* Glass cleaner. Much like a window cleaner, you could clean up the inner sides of the aquarium glass with this accessory. Don't add soap though, as this is poisonous for the fishes.
* Nets. It would be very difficult to transport the fishes by hand. You'd need to capture them with nets. These fish tank supplies come in a variety of sizes, and there should be one perfect for the size of each fish you're keeping.
* Filtration system. A good filtration system would control the buildup of unwanted particles in the fish tank. This, of course, would leave fewer particles for you to clean up.
* Plastic buckets. Whether you're transporting water or providing a temporary place for your fishes while cleaning up the fish tank, plastic buckets are indispensable fish tank supplies for your needs.
More Fish, Aquarium and Fish Tank Info:
Do Fish Make Good Pets?
Fish Tank Cleaning Feng Shui
Dirty Fish Tank Filters Is Death For Your Fish
How To Clean Fish Tank Gravel
Keeping Fish Comfy (and Alive) With An Aquarium Heater
Alternative Aquarium Maintenance Method in 8 Simple Steps
Aquarium Pumps - Up Close and Personal
Aquarium Lights - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Aquariums: More Than Just Water And Fish
Cleaning a Fish Tank
Gravel for Fish Tanks and Aquariums
Fish Tank Maintenance
Fish Tank Pumps
Aquarium Screen Savers
Aquarium - Fish Tank Stands
Fish in the Newz
SeaWorld announces new exhibits and shows for the summer
This summer, parents will find thrilling new ways to join their kids in the action as SeaWorld Orlando launches new fun family adventures.
Fishermen turn tourist guides
They killed fish for a living, but now they conserve marine life to earn their bread. Fishermen here are becoming underwater guides and students of the sea.
Climate scientists paint grim portrait of Bay Area
In one of the most detailed looks at global warming's impact on the Bay Area, scientists Wednesday painted a grim portrait of increasing heat waves, droughts, water shortages and wildfires accompanied by more severe thunderstorms, flooding and coastal erosion.
Most Recent Reader Aquarium-Fish Tank Contributions: